28 September 2006

Fly me to the moon...

The BBC is reporting that Richard Branson has unveiled a mock-up of the Virgin spacecraft.

I've got to admit that I'm a bit cynical about all this public space travel malarkey...will people really want to be blasted off into space? Is there a market for it? How safe will it be? Or is it just another Virgin PR stunt?

Still, if the Beeb's reporting then it's got some credibility...and if Branson's billions are behind it, then I imagine it'll be a solid and serious effort.

Click here to see the mock-up. Quite something, isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive video, but null gravity is famous for inducing nausea and the prospect on in-helmet vomit doesn’t appeal.

Anonymous said...

'The bearded one' will do anything for publicity. To me, Branson and nausea go hand-in-hand, whether in space or on terra firma....